3 Do-Anywhere Ab Exercises
Our midsections are one of the first places the eye gets drawn to and is often the hardest area to target. Try these do-anywhere exercises to help build a strong core and flatten out that tummy. These exercises are easy to do in hotel rooms, on lunch breaks or during commercial breaks.
• Stand with your legs hip width apart. Keep your knees slightly bent.
• Lift both your hands in front of you aligning them with your shoulders and parallel to the ground.
• Lunge forward taking a big step with your right leg and sit down so that your knees are at a 90 degrees angle from the floor.
• Your left leg should be placed backwards supported by the toes.
• Keep a neutral, upright spine.
• First twist your torso to the right and then to the left being sure to just twist the torso, not your legs.
• Repeat for 3 sets of 20
• Start on the floor with your knees and elbows resting on the ground.
• Keep your neck aligned with your spine. Look forward.
• Lift the knees up and support your legs on the toes (as you would for a push-up).
• Contract your knees and keep breathing normally.
• Hold for 30 seconds to 1 minute. Repeat for 4 more sets.
The Sliding Chair
• Sit on the chair with your spine straight.
• Place both hands beside you with your palms by the side of your hips.
• Bring both your legs upwards so that your knees are close to your chest. Hold for 5 seconds. Do not bend forward or arch your back.
• Slowly bring your legs down and repeat. Repeat for 3 sets of 10.