3 Moves For Terrific Triceps
• Using a cable machine, start by standing with a slight bend at the hip.
• Grab hold of the handles (your elbows should be at about a 45-degree angle to start, palms facing away from you).
• Now push the bar down so that your knuckles are now facing the floor.
• Return to starting position and repeat for 3 sets of ten.
• *Be careful not to activate the lats in this movement in order to maximize triceps engagement.
• Using a moderate sized dumbbell, position your left knee on a bench, with the other leg straight and standing on the floor.
• Bending at the hip, place your left arm on the bench, keeping your arm straight and palm flat on the bench.
• Row your right arm up so that your bicep/tricep is parallel with the floor, arm bent at 90 degrees.
• Now kick the dumbbell back, only hinging at the elbow.
• Repeat for 3 sets of 10-15 each side.
• *Try to not allow any momentum when doing this move. Only the triceps should be activated in kicking the dumbbell back.
• Start lying with your back on a bench, legs bent and positioned on the bench.
• With a moderate-sized barbell, start in the finish position of a bench press (arms locked out straight, perpendicular to the floor).
• Now lower the weight by hinging at the elbow (keep bicep/tricep perpendicular with the floor).
• Return to starting position and repeat for 3 sets of 10.
• *You can also perform this with dumbbells, which poses a greater stability/core challenge.